Temporary Buildings

The Quonset hut science laboratory in 1954

There was a group of temporary buildings placed on the campus during the 1940s to 1950s, which provided not only space for classes and other uses, but many memories as well for alumni and staff emeriti! They included West Hall, a dorm for women, veterans housing, the above Quonset huts and of course the field house (which is the last survivor - it was used for an indoor athletic practice area until 1970, when it was moved from its location where Allen is now to its current site across Redman Road.)

From this page: